• Students and teachers live together and study together
• A continuous interaction in English.
• A maximum of 20 students in the school at any time
• The students are all adults and come from all over the world
• They use a holistic model of learning, encouraging students to behave, think, dream and relax in English
• The school is located in an area of outstanding beauty and tranquility. It overlooks a small lake and is surrounded by mountains.
The gardens around the cottage and barn are used for lessons when the weather is fine. There is also a patio with barbecue where students and teachers often eat lunch, an orchard, a vegetable/flower garden and an outdoor sauna.
The food at the cottage is delicious: they make their own bread and use organic and fair-trade produce when possible. Mealtimes are a wonderful opportunity for planning, conversation and celebration!
The courses offered are a combination of:
Large Group/Whole Community Sessions
• Small Group Classes
• One-To-One Sessions
• Guided Study Sessions
• Small Group Activity Sessions
• Task-based learning activities to enable student to student interaction and interaction within the local community
• Creative work stimulating imagination and promoting self-expression
• Guided relaxation, visualisation and image work, encouraging total learning - harmonising left and right sides of the brain.
• English & walking
• Personal development in English
• Experiential English for teachers
• English & yoga
The Lake District National Park is an area of incredible beauty. There are many wonderful walks from the cottage including waterfalls, caves, valleys, mountains and rivers.
The school has a large canoe you can use on the lake and on warm days you can swim in the lake. It is a 500m walk along the lake to our local pub, a 3km walk along the river into the local village of Ambleside, and 3km around the lake into Grasmere.
The region is very popular with British tourists so there are many facilities in the villages, including cinemas, shops, bars, clubs, boating, tennis, fitness centres and leisure spas.
There are two larger market towns 18km from here; Keswick to the north and Kendal to the south, where you can find ruined castles, an ancient stone circle, theatres, museums and many other attractions.
Rydal, LA22 9SD Ambleside, England