GCI moved to our current location in 2003 and provides students with world class facilities housed in a modern building overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and Galway Bay. We have spectacular ocean views and we can see the Clare Hills and the Burren from all south facing classrooms. Our school is purpose-built and combines high-tech specifications with an ideal environment for studying, relaxing and making friends.
The school is open from 08:15 until 20:30 each evening and students can use the building freely to meet, log on to Wi-Fi or have a drink or some food in the Ozone Coffee Company.
- 25 spacious classrooms with lots of natural light
- A beach within 1 minute walk of the school
- A Student Common Room — the 'Halla Mor' — which can seat up to 120 students
- Ozone Coffee Company — a café restaurant serving hot beverages, soups, sandwiches, paninis and a daily special Monday
to Friday, at very competitive prices
- Bright open foyer and large seminar rooms for workshops and student meetings
- A full library and access to virtual and conventional resources
- A Computer Room with 20 PCs, which students may access for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Landscaped gardens and paved area surrounding the school for relaxing and barbecues
How to choose your course
The GCI team wants to make sure that you achieve all of your learning objectives and we offer you an incredibly wide range of programme options. Before you choose your course think about why you want to study and what you need to achieve from your studies. Contact us or your agent for any advice and we will be able to match you with the perfect study pathway. Courses are flexible and you can move easily from one course to another and / or supplement your standard course with specialised or lifestyle programmes.
General English — short and long courses
Individual, Business and Executive programmes
Professional Skills Suite
Examination preparation programmes
Teacher Training Programmes
Group and Stage Programmes
Accommodation Quality & Options
GCI offers high quality residential and host family accommodation to our students. As part of our ISO 9001:2008 procedures, all accommodation is regularly checked and visited by our Accommodation Officer to ensure the highest standards are maintained and all your expectations are met. Students may walk, take a bus or even rent a bicycle and cycle to school from our conveniently located accommodation options.
Our Accommodation Officer is on hand to assist with any queries you may have before or after you arrive in Galway to make sure you have the best experience possible.
Accommodation is not usually available to students who are not attending class. Special requests with regard to diet, pets, children must be made at the time of booking and we will try to accommodate you.
You can choose from the following accommodation options:
Residential apartments [all year round]
Homestay/Host family [standard or executive]
Bed & breakfast or hotel
Social Programme — Living in Galway
Have the time of your life in Galway, the perfect study destination. Love the buzz of the medieval streets and watch amazing street performances; discover places steeped in tradition — the Spanish Arch where Christopher Columbus docked his ship; or enjoy the unspoilt peace and beauty of Connemara or the Burren.
Our varied social programme takes advantage of all that is happening in the city and surrounding area. GCI has close links with the business and artistic communities in the city allowing opportunities for volunteer experiences particularly for long stay students.
- Join in a walking tour or walk the prom
- Bet on a horse or a dog at the races
- Visit the Druid, Town Hall or Black Box theatres
- Try fresh oysters at the September Oyster Festival
- Join the Film Club
- Learn the delights of Irish poetry or music
- Play football, unihock or squash
- Paint your face or wear a mad hat to school
- Take in a Sunday morning jazz session
- Swim in Salthill - a blue flag beach
- Go by boat or plane to the Aran Islands
- Go hill walking in Connemara
- Attend our monthly school parties
- Windsurf in Galway Bay
- Volunteer for the Macnas Parade
- Join in a song in a local pub
GCI House, Salthill, Galway, Ireland