The London School of English exists to help people communicate more effectively across borders and cultures, leading to personal and professional development, benefit for sponsors and employers, and greater international understanding.
The London School of English is the world’s oldest officially-accredited English Language School, well known for its high quality professional training services.
We assist people in their personal and professional development by offering a range of training courses designed to improve their communication skills both within their own culture and normal environment, when working or travelling in other parts of the world, and when in virtual contact with others. We believe that helping people to communicate more effectively across borders and cultures leads to greater personal and business success, and also helps our clients to contribute to greater understanding within the global community.
As we grow and develop, we seek to offer increasing opportunities for people to benefit from our work without leaving their home countries.
1. We treat participants as experienced adults with a great deal to contribute to their course.
2. Work is concentrated. Time is precious. All our courses are intensive.
3. The schedule is planned but flexible.
4. No single training method suits everyone. We are sensitive to different learning styles.
5. Our approach is always practical. People need to use English, not just study it.
6. Small is beautiful. We restrict the numbers in our course centres so that we can ensure a really personal service at all times.
7. English is important because it is a world language, used for international communication. We offer a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
8. Learning is a collaboration - between the trainer and the learner, and between individual learners.
9. Learning never ends. We know that your course with us is just part of a bigger picture. We try to give you the tools to continue to develop your English after you leave us.
10. Our courses are stimulating. Language learning is sometimes quite hard work, but you will never be bored.
11. Our courses are demanding. The more you put in the more you will get out. We help you to learn - we cannot learn for you.
12. Our courses are enjoyable. They are more effective that way.
Both of our schools are in excellent locations – close to the centre of London, but just far enough away from the busy centre to give both sites a relaxed feel.
Key advantages of our locations are:
- Located in Zone 2 - close to the centre but away from the crowds
- Close to the tube (metro) with quick journeys into the centre
- Plenty of good accommodation close to our two centres
- Safe and attractive residential areas
- Excellent local facilities including good shops, bars, restaurants
A) Holland Park Gardens
15 Holland Park Gardens, London W14 8DZ
Our business and professional centre at Holland Park Gardens is located in one of the best residential areas in London. The school is set in a fine traditional building in a beautiful part of Kensington, just 10 minutes' walk from fashionable Notting Hill.
Although the area is quiet and green, it is less than 15 minutes away from Oxford Street by underground. And just 5 minutes' walk away from the school is one of Europe's largest inner-city shopping centres, the Westfield London Shopping Centre, with 265 shops offering thousands of leading brands including Tiffany & Co., Kurt Geiger, Versace, Louis Vuitton, DeBeers (but also plenty of more affordable brands!)
B) Westcroft Square
65 Westcroft Square, London W6 0TA
Our general and examinations centre at Westcroft Square is also located in a high-quality residential area, between Chiswick and Hammersmith. There is a wide selection restaurants, cafes, bars and shops nearby, and the school is just a short walk from the River Thames. Stamford Brook underground station is just around the corner and the journey into the centre of London takes less than 20 minutes.
All our courses are intensive and practical. Our clients are mature, motivated adults (minimum age 18) and class sizes are small. Our aim is to give you relevant skills that can be applied immediately.
We understand that for many of our clients, the quality and type of accommodation is just as important as the choice of course - after all, a significant amount of time will be spent there. Years of experience have enabled us to put together different categories of accommodation to suit all preferences and budgets.
15 Holland Park Gardens, W14 8DZ London, England