Langports mission is to provide the best English learning experience to students from around the world. Langports has its own multi-level Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney campuses with modern facilities, located in the centre of each city. Providing a range of innovative courses, Langports offers students the opportunity to learn English, according to their own individual objectives, and uses weekly one-to-one counselling to ensure students are supported on their journey to reach their goals.
In addition to our courses, it is the people who make Langports special. Our friendly student services team arrange accommodation, and airport pickups, as well as a vast array of social events, ensuring students meet people from all over the world. In 2013, students from over 50 different nationalities chose to study English at Langports experiencing a unique and special school.
- Its own 3 level city campus
- Located in the centre of the city
- Convenient for all transport (opposite Central Railway Station)
- Major bus routes located nearby
- 5 minutes to the Queen Street shopping mall
- Theatres, restaurants, cinemas and shopping nearby
- Close to Southbank Parklands and beach
- Well-equipped, modern classrooms
- Computers with online learning
- Free internet access for all students, with wireless connection available throughout the campus
- A library and learning resource centre
- A recreation and games room with outdoor terraces
- Student kitchen with microwaves, refrigerator and vending machines
- Use of indoor gym, free of charge
- Wide screen TV
- Outdoor BBQ balcony
- Cafe and restaurant located next door
1.UFO English: this is a unique English course focusing on each individual student’s learning skills, abilities and objectives. Personal timetables allow students to achieve personal goals and the Langports Study Plan is designed to help students manage their own progress.
2. Langports offers a wide range of English courses, including Cambridge Choice, English for Academic Purposes and TOEIC+.
3. Students from over 50 nationalities chose to study at Langports each year.
4. Langports employs highly qualified teachers and facilitates ongoing staff development programs to ensure students get the best teaching quality.
5. Our campuses are in great locations and have excellent facilities: the Brisbane campus is located in a stand alone 3-level building with access to a gym and swimming pool in the building. The Gold Coast campus is located in a stand alone 2-level building and students are able to hire bicycles and surfboards. The Sydney campus is located in the heart of Sydney in Darling Harbour. Langports also provides lounge areas, outdoor areas, a kitchen, a small library, approximately 35 computers with internet access and also wireless internet throughout each campus.
6. Langports offers students four different types of accommodation at both campuses: three types of homestay (deluxe homestay, family homestay and self-cater) as well as student houses.
7. At Langports we believe in education. Not only for international students, but also for disadvantaged children around the world. John France, Langports founder & CEO created the Langports Foundation to help disadvantaged children to gain access to a better education.
U = Use for English
F = Focusing on macro skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing)
O = Options on your Future
EAP – English for Academic Purposes- A combination of IELTS preparation and academic English designed to ensure success for students wishing to undertake further studies in Australia.
Cambridge – The Cambridge courses provide intensive overall English language proficiency development as well as focused examination preparation and practice, with particular focus on exam strategies and techniques. The course includes mock exams with individual feedback given to students on their strengths and weaknesses so that they can develop the best study strategy to pass.
Cambridge FLEXI – As the name suggests, these courses provide students with an intensive Cambridge preparation course with flexible start and finish dates. It is ideal for students who, due to work or other commitments, are unable to attend a more traditional intensive Cambridge course. In our 10 week Cambridge Flexi Plus program, students can start on any Monday, with a minimum study period of 4 weeks.
TOEIC+ - This course will help students improve their everyday English communication and Business English skills for working in an international environment, while at the same time, teaching them the necessary exam strategies and techniques for the internationally recognised TOEIC exam. Langports is also a TOEIC Testing Centre, please click here for more information.
IELTS - IELTS 1 and IELTS 2 are Langports’ unique intensive IELTS preparation programs which focus specifically in the academic version of the IELTS exam.
TESOL, TOEIC, IELTS - These afternoon options are combined with the UFO English course in the morning. They focus on the test preparation using practical exercises.
GROUP TOURS – We are able to organise group tours with specific requirements.
Accommodation is an important part of your experience in Australia. At Langports, we understand that each student is different. This is why we offer different options:
Homestay - three types of homestay accommodation.
Deluxe Homestay, Family Homestay & Self Cater Homestay – click here to find out more.
Student Housing - an option for more independent students wishing to share a house.
Brisbane Student Houses
All accommodation options are inspected personally by Langports’ own Student Service staff, ensuring that all accommodation options meet Langports high standards. A detailed accommodation fact sheet is sent before the start of the course.
33 Herschel St, 4001 Brisbane, Australia